As a teacher, one of the best things to see is the success of your students after they’ve left your classroom. Many students think that getting a good grade on the test is the end goal, but for a college professor, it is watching the student flourish outside of the classroom and in their chosen career.
Over the years I’ve seen students work in industry, do training, teach, and more.
While I’ve taught hundreds, if not thousands of students, I unfortunately don’t know where they all are, but here is a partial list:
- Website manager for a non-profit
- Corporate website manager
- IT Director for commercial business
- Project manager for entity which does government training
- Post secondary instructor
- Freelance instructor
- Developer/Trainer for Treehouse
- Creative Director for a local company
- and many more.
One of my former students shared the website she maintains for those who are now her students. I thought I’d give it a link out, as it seems that is what I did for her class, and many before and since. (http://ftc.lisatennant.com/)
So to all my students, past, present, and future: keep succeeding and let me know what you’ve done. It’s good to see your successes.