Create a single page website using jQuery. This will test your ability to properly use selectors, apply styles, load data via AJAX, and use basic effects.
You’ll need to create a basic layout for a website. The topic of the website is of your own choosing. You must style your website in a flat and/or minimalist design method.
Each “page” of content will not be individual pages, but rather data that is pulled from another source, like external files in your folder. Images, etc should be in the site, just as it would be for a normal website.
One “page” needs to be loaded from a hidden div. All other content must load from external files.
Points will be deducted for not following the directions.
- Include a main navigation with at least 5 “pages”
- Initial file size is < .5Meg including all css, images, and script files
- No blurry/pixilated images
- Include images and text
- Make sure website content “makes sense”
- Include one page with a table of information that is to be styled via jQuery
- Use one or more simple effects to handle page transitions
Zip up file and submit via Sakai.
Website about a single topic, with meaningful data (10 pts)
Incorporate proper design technique (15 pts)
Proper Selectors (15 pts)
Use of jQuery to Create Navigation (15 pts)
Load External Data for Pages (25 pts)
Load (one page) from content in hidden div (10 pts)
Style table with jQuery by applying classes – zebra stripe, header row/column, row hover, and table cell clicking (10 pts)
TOTAL – 100 pts